Most people don’t like cleaning their gutters, but like many household maintenance projects it is a chore than must be done. So at least once a year out comes the ladder and up they climb totally unaware that there are over 90,000 ladder accidents a year. Is cleaning gutters worth a trip to the hospital? What are the alternatives? How can the gutters stay clean and unobstructed without having to perform a balancing act?
Gutter Cleaning Services
One solution is to look for a company that offers gutter cleaning services. These companies will send one or more workers to your home to clean out your gutters. What do you know about this company and the people they are sending to your home? Here are some issues that are common with these services:
- Workers are often uninsured – leaving you liable for any injuries or damaged property while they complete the job
- Workers are not screened for drugs or alcohol
- Companies do not run background checks on workers
- Workers are given little training – so walking across client’s roofs; not using a ladder correctly causing damage to gutters; using blowers to blow out dry materials, but leaving wet or caked-on materials behind are common problems
- Workers are often paid by the job so they may not thoroughly clean the gutters because they have to move onto the next house knowing that the homeowner will not check the gutters.
- Gutter cleaners are just there to clean the gutters, they usually will not tell homeowners if there are any issues with mold, mildew, wood rot, insect infestations or shingles (missing, curled or overhanging).
Another solution is to have gutter guards installed. Homeowners with gutter guard systems installed on their homes never have to worry about cleaning out their gutters. So say good-bye to those gutter cleaning services and the problems that come with them. NC Gutter Guys can add gutter guards to the gutters already in place. When our workers are sent on a job site the homeowner can be rest assured that:
- All our employees are fully insured
- All our employees have been drug & alcohol tested
- All our employees have had background checks
- The gutters will be thoroughly cleaned before the gutter guards are installed
- All our employees have been carefully trained on how to do the job properly (and we supply the homeowner with photos to show the work when completed)
- All debris & materials will be cleaned up before employees leave the property
- The homeowner will be fully informed of any issues concerning their home that involve the gutters, downspouts, shingles, etc. that might need attention
NC Gutter Guys take great pride in our work and want to leave every customer thoroughly satisfied. Once gutter guards are installed, the homeowner can cross “clean out gutters” (and that climb up the ladder or dealing with gutter cleaning services) off their To Do List forever.